The Education Research Alliance for New Orleans includes an internal team of expert researchers, a National Research Team of experts from across the country, partners within Tulane, and a Board of Advisors that includes local community groups, teacher unions, and local and state government agencies.
Leadership and Staff
Doug is our founding Director, Tulane Professor of Economics, and Schlieder Foundation Chair in Public Education. His research has helped inform and influence national debates over a range of education policies, especially in charter-based school reform, teacher evaluation, accountability, and college access.
Jamie M. Carroll is a Senior Research Fellow at ERA-New Orleans.
Deanna Allen is our Senior Administrative Program Coordinator, and she manages the office's day-to-day operations, tracks organizational budgets, and coordinates internal communications and meetings.
Graduate Research Associates
Non-Resident Research Fellows
National Research Team
- Lauren Lastrapes, United Teachers of New Orleans
- Caroline Roemer, Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools
- Laura Boudreaux, Louisiana Department of Education
- Todd Battiste, Urban League of Louisiana
- Peter Davis, Orleans Public Education Network
- Laura Hawkins, New Schools for New Orleans
- Mary Garton, New Orleans Public Schools
- Tia Mills, Louisiana Association of Educators
- Jamie Beck, Parent Representative
- Steve Corbett, School Leader Representative
- Adrinda Kelly, Community Member Representative
- Erica Vance, Teacher Representative
- Laura and John Arnold Foundation
- The Murphy Institute at Tulane University
- The School of Liberal Arts at Tulane University
- William T. Grant Foundation
- Spencer Foundation
- Institute for Education Sciences
- Louisiana Center for Children's Rights