The Education Research Alliance for New Orleans includes an internal team of expert researchers, a National Research Team of experts from across the country, partners within Tulane, and a Board of Advisors that includes local community groups, teacher unions, and local and state government agencies.
Leadership and Staff
Doug is our founding Director and Tulane Professor of Economics. His research has helped inform and influence national debates over a range of education policies, especially in charter-based school reform, teacher evaluation, accountability, and college access.
Nathan Barrett is an Associate Director and Senior Research Fellow at the Education Research Alliance for New Orleans at Tulane University. Nathan’s research focused on three areas of K-12 education: teacher policies, educational equity, and education reform.
Graduate Research Associates
Non-Resident Research Fellows
National Research Team
Partners at Tulane University
- Louisiana Association of Educators
- Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools
- Louisiana Federation of Teachers
- Louisiana Recovery School District
- New Schools for New Orleans
- New Orleans Parents' Guide
- Orleans Parish School Board
- Orleans Public Education Network
- Urban League of Greater New Orleans