The Education Research Alliance for New Orleans includes an internal team of expert researchers, a National Research Team of experts from across the country, partners within Tulane, and a Board of Advisors that includes local community groups, teacher unions, and local and state government agencies.
Leadership and Staff
Doug is our founding Director, Tulane Professor of Economics, and Schlieder Foundation Chair in Public Education. His research has helped inform and influence national debates over a range of education policies, especially in charter-based school reform, teacher evaluation, accountability, and college access.
Sharon Lurye is the Communications Manager for the Education Research Alliance for New Orleans. Her responsibilities include drafting policy briefs, creating data visualizations, managing social media accounts, and increasing the visibility and impact of ERA-New Orleans' work for a wider audience.
Graduate Research Associates
Non-Resident Research Fellows
National Research Team
- Patrick Dobard, New Schools for New Orleans
- Dana Henry, Urban League of Louisiana
- Thomas Lambert, New Orleans Public Schools
- Tia Mills, Louisiana Association of Educators
- Kunjan Narechania, Louisiana Department of Education
- Adrienne Dixson, United Teachers of New Orleans
- Caroline Roemer, Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools
- Steven Sheffrin, Murphy Institute at Tulane University
- Nahliah Webber, Orleans Public Education Network
- Julie Lause, School Leader Representative (Board Vice Chair)
- Luis Miron, University Representative (Board Chair)
- Mckenzie Parkins, Teacher Representative
- Tory Taylor, Parent Representative